On behalf of the ADRF Programme Committee, we invite you to submit a workshop proposal for the first edition of the European AI, Data, and Robotics Forum, to be held from 8-9 November 2023 at the Inria headquarters, close to Versailles France.
The European AI, Data, Robotics Forum (ADRF) is the annual community gathering event organized by the AI, Data and Robotics Association (Adra) in collaboration with the European Commission to inspire and advance European ADR in its broadest context including Industry, Research and Policymakers.
The call for workshops is thematically open to any topic at the cross-roads between AI, Data and Robotics. However, for this edition we would especially like to encourage the submission of particular WS types:
- Workshops that intend to kick-off an Adra topic group.
- ‘Birds of a feather’ workshops for a cluster of projects on a particular topic of mutual interest.
- Forward looking workshops that leverage ADR convergence for European industry and/or society
Workshop assessment and selection
The Programme Committee will review each submitted proposal, and, at its discretion, make a selection of 6 workshops that are well-fitting and complementary to the programme, and are attractive for a large fraction of the audience present.
Workshop proposers are advised to explicitly highlight the following points:
- The cross domain nature of their workshop (AI,Data and Robotics)
- The specific, action-oriented workshop purpose with a clearly defined description that will attract attendees to the workshop
- An aim to generate concrete answers/clear expected outcomes to current problems in the field. Therefore, we ask to provide a couple (1-3) of predefined questions to be discussed and answered in the workshop proposal submission form
- A strong focus on new and/or emerging and/or strategic topics as well as those reflecting current areas of community interest
- A clear workshop agenda and confirmed contributors to the workshop
- A plan for a highly interactive workshop, including for example discussions, Q&A, and/or panel sessions to facilitate a lively exchange of ideas among the attendees.
- A balanced representation of industrial and/or academic contributors, and/or involve end-users, policy makes etc.
- All workshops have a maximum duration of 90 minutes
- All workshops are in-person only (an exception can be made for a keynote speaker, but it isn’t recommended)
- All speakers and participants need to register to the forum, and pay the registration fee.
- All workshops are expected to work toward an appropriate gender balance between the speakers.
- Workshop proposals should be submitted via an online form available here: https://adrforum.eu/open-call-workshops
- The Deadline for workshop applications is 29 September, 2023