JOB PROFILE: ADRA OPERATIONS ASSITANT
Please send your CV and motivation letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
ABOUT THE AI-DATA-ROBOTICS ASSOCIATION (Adra)
The vision of the European Partnership on AI-Data and Robotics is to boost European competitiveness, societal well-being and environmental aspects to lead the world in researching, developing and deploying value-driven trustworthy AI, data and robotics based on fundamental European rights, principles and values.
Adra presents the contractual counterpart to the European Commission for the implementation of the ADR co-programmed partnership.
Adra’s principal goal is to develop and implement a strategy and roadmap for research, technological development and uptake, to create an innovation ecosystem for strong European leadership in ADR, and for delivering maximum economic and societal benefit to its citizens and businesses.
Reporting directly to the Secretary-General, the successful candidate will work on a full-time basis (38 hrs), initially in a teleworking role. She/he will support membership activities of the association, will facilitate external and internal communications, will prepare public-facing marketing and communication materials, will support project implementation and reporting, as well as other back office activities.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSABILITIES
Joining a fast-paced start-up environment, you will be assisting in day-to-day operational activities of the Adra association, as well the implementation of activities related the EU-funded projects Adra-e. You shall ensure all your activities are carried out consistently and to a high quality, in accordance with internal deadlines, and where the Adra-e project is concerned, related rules and work plans.
- Support the Adra community: This will include supporting the coordination of planned activities, working with members to identify opportunities to develop collaboration, project activities and deliverables throughout the duration to deadline, support the delivery of membership focused products and services, providing members with information and newsletters, database management, organization of workshops, recording minutes.
- General administration: Assist in delivery of the association’s operational capability/office maintenance and administration of IT and collaborative tools (such as the website, CRM), analyse existing processes and identify areas for improvement, and together with the Secretary-General, review annual secretariat and project budgets
- Internal and external communications: This will include contributing to a regular newsletter and bulletin for the membership, outreach activities (especially social media), as well as other digital content management. Together with the Secretary-General, you will also elaborate and define a plan to develop the communications infrastructure of the organization.
- Meetings and events: Assist with the organisation of meetings and events, as well as the preparation of supporting materials such as minutes and reports. (e.g. Board of Directors, Topic Groups, General Assembly, Partnership Board)
- 1-3 years of experience in a similar position
- University degree
- Some experience in European project management
- Fluency in English (professional) and another EU language.
- Experience in using social media channels
- Proactive, with strong organisational and analytical skills
- Ability to travel for project meetings within Europe (15%)
- Good verbal/written communication skills (including report writing, presentations, surveys) and ability to engage effectively with a variety of partners across the EU.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (word, excel, power point), management databases.
- Experience in managing EU-funded projects, including administrative procedures
- Training in project management and/or science communication
- Fluent French and/or Dutch language skills
WHAT WE OFFER
- Type of contract: Permanent
- Salary scale between 2000 – 2300 EUR net depending on experience and qualifications of candidate
- Chèques Repas (meal vouchers)
- Hospitalisation insurance.
Applicants must be able to legally live and work in Belgium as the contract will be subject to Belgian social security and taxes
Preferred start date: Immediate
Adra is committed to providing an equal opportunity work environment.
We will be evaluating applications on a rolling basis until we find the best candidate. The deadline to apply is 1 September 2023, however, we strongly advise to apply as early as possible. Only candidates selected for the interview will be contacted – thank you for your understanding.
Your cover letter (maximum one page) should outline your suitability and motivation for the post. It should explicitly reference how your profile matches the different job requirements described above.
Please also include with your application the names and contact details of two people (ideally a current or former line manager or supervisor) who could provide references.#
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please send your cover letter and curriculum vitae in English to the following email address: email@example.com mentioning “Operations Assistant - Name of applicant” in the subject line.